Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Day In My Life - Boston Road Trip

This was a road trip to Boston my sister, my cousin and I decided to take for my cousin's birthday and to meet up with our friends in Massachusetts on Memorial Day weekend (BIG MISTAKE). Instead of taking about 8 hours like it should have, it took closer to 12 or 13 if not longer, this was a few years ago so I don't remember exactly but I know it was a minimum of 12 hours. Long story short, Labor Day is now my, NO ROAD TRIP NO MATTER WHAT day and I am okay with that. Keep in mind that this was about 4 years ago so I was around 25, I am 29 now. I was so young, so full of life....[dramatic gesture] The picture displayed here shows how our trip there went as we lost some of our sanity. I tell ya, I really needed that rum. There are about 70 photos after the jump to show you how the day started, how it ended, and everything in-between.Click "Read More" to see the full day.








Mini comes to wake us up for our big trip. Didn't catch the time at this point but it was around 6:30am.

Ugh... I don't feel like waking up but I DO want to get out of this town!

 All packed. notice I have a LOT of meds in my bag. I am ready to take on food poisoning, stomach aches, allergies, hangovers, headaches, etc. 

 MMMMM just what I need....Coffee....but then I go shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, and forget about the coffee....nuts.

 ready to go! LET'S DO IT.

 We are renting a car from enterprise, here we are (Not those 2 at the front there lol)....and it took us over an hour to get our car because the people on the phone failed to tell us what we needed to bring to IDENTIFY ourselves other than a valid friggin Drivers License. Apparently insurance and a Drivers license wasn't enough. Kinda pissed at this point.

 So I do a time check. we were supposed to leave at 8am with this car and it's 8:36, Still waiting. Traffic is going to be bad I can FEEL it because it's Memorial Day Weekend.

YAY. got the Car, it's a chevy cobalt.  

FINALLY on our way, however we get on 295 instead of 495 and I dreaded it knowing 295 was going to be bad and guess what...IT WAS. You can't tell but after 5 minutes we are NOT cruising, everyone is going under 5mph. We remain at a top speed of 5mph for almost an hour.

 This is my "PLEASE GOD MAKE THE TRAFFIC STOP" face. I'm pretty sick of it already and hate thinking about the 8 hour drive we have left. 


 My sister, the driver. And that is TOM TOM, our Navigator who really screwed us in New York. EAT A GIANT D Tom.

After a long wait we finally make it to our first toll. Feeling good, Hello Baltimore.
Ah, the Tunnel :) When I was a kid I'd make my dad wake me any time we went through this tunnel to visit family in NJ. I'm not sure why I was so fascinated with it but I was.

Gotta tinkle, I'm hungry. We stop. Tabby and Carole are acting like clowns on the rides :p
The stop is my fav Rest Stop, The Maryland House.

We go in for some Iced coffee mmmmmm
And I get Roys. It was really good. 

 I feed Tabby her cinnabon because she drives like a lunatic so I thought to save our lives, I should feed her.

Time Check. At this time we should be well past Baltimore, somewhere near or in NJ already but we aren't....Traffic was way beyond bad and every accident backed us up for 17 miles or more each time AND they were SERIOUS accidents. The front end of a semi blew up on our 35 mile back-up.

Newark.

Getting closer to NY, only a few miles.

I thought this was strange but cool because it's in Korean, but it's American.


BAM. Hello NY...too bad we took a wrong turn and ended up in The Bronx. If there wasn't INSANE traffic, it would have taken us 3 minutes to turn around but because it was backed up (surprise!) it took us another HOUR....what a waste!



I've only seen these Bridges in movies :p



The buildings here are so huge! The buildings where I live, They are big and built like Roman buildings and such but nothing is this big but the Washington Monument.


I did fancy the "art" there though. Gave me something different to look at besides the long roadways and traffic jams.


This building was grim.


I loved this


This area had a lot of greenery, rock structures, graffiti and stale air. I could barely breathe, you could SEE the pollution in the sky here.

 The only window daring enough to be open, I feel for that plant though, it has to suffer the polluted air.

 I saw this and laughed. No...no the Bronx does NOT mark the spot, sorry but I don't ever want to pass through there again.

I was so amazed at how they even have to have stickers like that in the area...I guess the police get shot at a lot in those parts so they HAVE to offer money to those who witness it or else they'd stay quiet about it....kind of sad really.

 Time Check. *curses*.


FINALLY. Something closer to BOSTON....but still not close enough :/


In case you couldn't tell, I was REALLY sick of being in the car and being in mad traffic. Edited for public viewing lol. In any case what sucked most is that I had to stay awake the ENTIRE ride, that's just how terrified for my life I was while Tabby was driving...(Tabby is my twin sister)


 YAY CONNECTICUT. It was so beautiful in Connecticut. The air was clean and fresh and crisp but it took us FOREVER to get out of there. We stopped in Greenwhich for gas but turned the corner to find DUN DUN DUUUUN!!! another accident...

 When we leave I feel like I need a drink, especially after Tabby's Maniacal driving so I pull out my trusty Tattoo...mmmmm

 Not to leave anyone out we all cheers and drink up.

 I play scoops to pass the time. It's crazy how long you can play this game without knowing it, and how much you curse at it when you catch a veggie.



A dog operating a vehicle.



Change drivers...Thank GOD. Carole's turn. I was scared at first but she drives well....so I got sleepy.

Time check. 5:03? Oh snap,You know what that means?
Time for a cigarette.
Me watching the scenery.

"I could so go for one right now"


 This was a great sight to see. GREEN. 

YESSSS! MASSASS@!!!!#!#! FINALLY!!! oh...go figure...we are the LAST exit off the pike...yay


 Another anxious time check


BOSTON!  

We have arrived and Boston greets us with a beautiful sunset

Our Hotel

 We are staying in Cambridge.

 The guy in the picture is Charlie, the one we came all this way to see. He's in a hurry to go but we tell him to wait, we have important business to do...

 Set up the liquor...that's right. We came prepared and we needed Ice.



We change and wait for Charlie to lead the way. My cuz didn't know i was taking a pic of us in the mirror, hence my sneaky face.

The first bar we go to. It was super awesome, it's called PUGS. It's what we call a "wrinkle bar" where everyone there is much older than 20 something aside from a couple workers but it was great. That was the bartender, his name is Mike and he asked me out haha, sorry Mike I have a bf and I am only here for another 2 days. He invites us out anyway but things don't work out so we don't ever see him again.


Charlie yelling at him for more drinks haha he wasn't really yelling it was just loud so he had to talk loud.

 FOOD! I was starving but MAN those things made my eyes burn. Buffalo wings like never before. I could only eat 2 1/2

 A friendly drunk mans arm.

 The gang  :) (My sister Tabby, Charlie, me, and my cousin Carole.)



POUND IT


LOL Tabby doing the "sexy(but not so sexy) face" dance.

Time check. it's almost Carole's birthday so....


Paul comes over to chat (he's the manager of the place and the chef. He was so funny and so nice (everyone there was) he actually opened the kitchen for us as it was closed when we arrived but when we explained we were from DC and just got in and were starving he said "no problem" and hooked us up. We named him uncle Paulie and he finds out it's minutes to Carole's birthday....

 So he demands shots for the 2 of them...MANLY shots haha.

 We meet with 3 of Charlie's friends and go to another bar around the way. 

 Another toast to our new accomplices.


We drive back home and Charlie tries to sell us to some cab driver. The guy keeps trying to haggle prices, Charlie tells him he's trying to make a living and says "FORGEDDABOUTIT!!" I'm dead serious btw, that actually happened.

 BAM. I'm out. The end. LOVE YOU BOSTON.



No comments:

Post a Comment