Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 142 - Throw Back Valentine's Day Cards

I have been sorting through this giant trash bag full of old photos, letters and cards my mom has saved since the 20's. All stuff from our family. We always complained about her saving EVERYTHING but now that she is gone and I am really looking at each piece one by one, I am glad she saved everything. She had letters from my dad when he was out of the state when they first got married, pictures from her childhood, tons of her high school senior friend's photos, cards from every occasion whether it was from my Uncle Milton to one of the kids, her mom to her for her birthday, Well wishes from their wedding day, baby shower cards from when she had her first baby, old report cards, ribbons of achievement from the kids when they were in school, and home made cards from all the kids. It's amazing.

Here are a couple Valentine's Cards I found from 2 of my brothers when they were kids.


 And a Christmas Card from my mom to my dad in 1962!



No comments:

Post a Comment