Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 117: Circle Skirt Success

I have been mulling over the math you have to do in order to correctly make a circle skirt so I have put it off for a long time. I finally watched enough Youtube videos and read a million tutorials on how to do it in many different ways. A week ago I did a freehand version that ended up not turning into a circle skirt so i figured the only way to do it correctly was to attempt the math portion to get it right and badda bing badda boom, that was it, it worked. It took me 9 hours though because I had to redo a few things at times and I stopped now and again to eat and relax but sironing is a must and it takes AGES because I am constantly ironing UGH. I didn't get the zipper quite right but I fixed it as best as I could with eye hooks and now I know what to do next time. After completing this I saw an A-Line skirt online unfortunately that I thought looked even better so now I must try that -___-. This is for the Bridesmaids dresses so I have to love it and perfect it. I will try the A-line and see which of the2 I like best but I DO love this skirt, just wish it were a little fuller.



No comments:

Post a Comment