Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 10: Squidward


My favorite place to shop for food is and always will be at International food markets. First of all the freshness of all the meats, fruits, and veggies is unparallelled when comparing it to large grocery chains plus the quality is 1,000 times better too. Yes, there are some International food market chains on the grid and they fall into my "better than" category as well. If it's INTERNATIONAL, it's just better but that's just my opinion. I went to the market today for some noodles for when I'm in a pinch at home and took my time walking through the whole store to look at what they had. My mouth was watering over their buckets of Seaweed Salad, their Kimchi mixes, Sesame seed snacks, just everything. I walked past the Butcher area which takes up 2 whole sides of the market and includes an extensive fish market and was in awe at not only the amount of meat selections they had (I'm talking about 25 different types of beef cuts not packaged so you can buy it by the pound, the same with the chicken and pork) plus the wall of different sea-foods and about 30 different types of fresh fish maybe even more, but the freshness of everything too.... I haven't full on shopped at an international market in years but I miss it and need to start going again. I used to drive 45 minutes out just to go to the only Han Ah Reum (now known as H-mart) in the area at the time many years ago with my sister. It was a slice of heaven for us. Take a look at that pristine cut and package of squid. I'd never eat it but tell me a Giant you know of that sells that. Shoppers? Safeway? Didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment