Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 16: Love with Food, "Flavors of Fall"

I have subscribed to "Love with Food" for 3 months now and I contemplated cancelling my subscription (and still might) until this month's subscription came in. Each month a new chef hosts the package and it's contents, this one was "Flavors of Fall" and I feel bad that I can't remember the name of this month's chef but I was SO happy with this one. The last 2 I got left much to be desired. I didn't like one thing in any box. Both had interesting items like vegan cookies and sipping broth which is steeped like tea, apple chips, etc but they weren't any good flavor-wise. I meant to cancel last month but I forgot to so when this month's box came in I was very VERY happy. I took a picture of the contents and can't wait to try everything. The point behind "Love with Food" is that for every box you buy, you are also buying a meal for a hungry child AND it's really cheap. If you do the yearly subscription, it's $10 ($10 + free shipping) a month and if you go month-by-month it's $12 ($10 + $2 shipping). Either way it's a really good price considering each item alone is at least $1-$4 on market shelves and you get about 8 items so it's well worth it plus....YOU ARE FEEDING A HUNGRY CHILD.
In this weeks's box I got an Apricot & Almond fruit and nut bar covered in yogurt, Maple fudge, 2 pieces of gourmet dark chocolate, sweet corn (something like corn nuts), 2 shortbread cookies, pop chips, gourmet caramel popcorn with other flavors mixed, Indian spices for veggies, and a packet of loose herbal tea! This is the best box ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment