Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 7: Nail Forms and Acrylic

It was my second time ever doing a full set of nails in acrylic and first using ASP Form-a-Nail which I bought to make applying acrylic easier on me since I can't seem to get a smooth and steady line and the forms for these things give your a shiny smooth surface after applying. Welp, it was terrible for me because I started it all at 7:30 and didn't get done with everything until 11:15pm. It should NEVER take that long to do acrylic nails but I was being stupidly ambitious and wanted to do sparkles as an inlay and it just took SO MUCH time. It also doesn't help that my nail tool for shaping and filing have very little power to it so instead of it taking 30 seconds per nail to sort out it takes about 10 min or so per nail. It was a disaster to me only because of how friggin long it took and because it took so long I started to get impatient and hurried to get everything done with and so my nails are not as nice looking as I wanted but it's a start. For a first time it doesn't look so bad but at least now I know what to do next time for inlays.....kind of. Anywho if you are new to acrylics I DO recommend ASP Form-A-Nail because on initial application if you put the right amount of acrylic in the form, it comes out unbelievably nice. I wish I just left them as they were but I HAD to have sparkle -_-.

No comments:

Post a Comment